Installed homemade engine/trans skid today. I had Eddie cut me a section out of 3/16" to size, then he bent the long ends in a 90 in his press break for strength. Grind one end to fit, and used some reclaimed tabs and a piece of round pipe and shackle bushings for the front mount. I love plasma cutters.
I haven't really been keeping up on the changes on this. Interestingly enough I thought I'd have gotten rid of this over the summer. But it's kind of growing on me and it's stayed within budget and proven itself pretty capable. So I'm going to keep chipping away at it.
On Thursday the plan is to go from SOA to SUA. I've got some Fabtech springs, new spring perches, and Dynatrac u-bolt flip to install. This will require the nice torque arm I built to be removed but oh well. I've also got some new DOM tie rod and tie rod flip inserts to do at the same time.
Lately, I have installed some rear TJ flares and fixed my rear brakes that went south at the ATR. Working on some pics, and will post up some comparison pics of before and after, and the SUA install we'll be doing at Villers' shop.
I also removed the Q78 Swampers and installed some GY MT/R 35" radials. I guess I like driving it on the street more than I imagined. It's turning out to be a pretty nice YJ. Maybe eve better than my old CJ7.
After changing my mind about 25 times, I took this piece to Jim V's who was kind enough to let me use his shop and he also did a lot of the work because I got busy. And surprise, I decided against going SUA for now. I'm sure you all are shocked. I ended up switching some leafs around in the packs as Jim and Scott suggested and it seems to have worked. We then added a Currie Antirock and I must say this thing drives a car now. Just need to try it out in the dirt and rocks to see if I want to stay SOA. For entertainment purposes, here's some comparison pics to when I brought it home about this time last year and some pics from today.